Unfortunately the auto industry suffers from a long history of mistrust. Even though the over whelming majority of repair shops are run by folks that try to do their best, the handful of operators that don’t abide by good business practices put a black eye on the rest of us.
The sentiment of the consumer can be affected for dozens of reasons. But, the majority of complaints are from cars that are not fixed right the first time and misunderstandings about cost.
No shop is perfect but how a shop handles its issues, often makes or breaks a client’s comfort level with a repair shop. At Sturken’s we ask a lot of questions so we can gather as much information as we can about your vehicle and its needs. Sturken learned a long time ago the expectations are everything. We do everything that we can to meet your expectations. This means repairing your car, truck or RV properly the first time, on time and within your budget.
What happens if we don’t deliver as promised? First we own the short coming. We don’t blame the customer. We apologize for the inconvenience. We then find a solution to get the situation rectified as soon as possible.
If we made a mistake then we explain what went wrong as we understand it. If we need to buy a new part or do some labor for free, rent a car or give a ride, we do it. Our clients come to us to solve their automotive issues not get new ones. Sturken’s understands this very well and our staff does whatever is fair and ethical to make things right.
You find out the real character of a person or a company in difficult times. Sturken’s never has clients that are given ultimatums or “take it or leave it” attitudes. That is not the way to treat anyone especially that people that we serve.
Sturken automotive wants you to know that we know you have a choice in automotive repair facilities. We are grateful to the thousand that have chosen us over the last 50 years.
If you or a friend is in need of responsible auto body, auto repair or an RV repair shop, give us a call, we are always ready to lend a hand and offer a fair repair.
Call Sturken Automotive today! (408) 295-7195.
The musty/mildew type of smell that comes from your vents when you first turn on the car air conditioner, is exactly what it smells like: musty, moldy – mildew.
You ask, “how does this happen? I take good care of my car and keep it clean” The biological activity is not from what you see but from what you don’t see. The odor is a result of moisture from your car’s evaporator cooling unit. The collection of dust, pollen and spores condensing together in a warm moist dark environment is the perfect habitat for this smelly condition. So now you know how it got there. What to do to get rid of it?
There are several things that can be done to remove the foul A/C smell.
- If your car has a cabin air filter make sure it is changed at least once a year. This helps to block dust, pollen and spores from getting to your evaporator in the first place.
- In dusty, humid or heavy pollen areas use recirculated air. Again, to minimize the bad stuff.
- Under normal conditions (dry or low humidity areas) keep the air system in the fresh mode while driving.
- While driving never turn the fan completely off. Especially after running the air conditioner. This helps to dry out the evaporator so the mold won’t start to grow.
- Try to remember to turn the A/C off a few minutes before reaching your destination. But, leave the fan on; again to dry things out.
- Occasionally in the warmer times, turn your heater on full blast for a few minutes with the A/C off. This will dry out the moisture and kill whatever is trying to spawn in your dashboard. (Note do this with the windows down while driving or let your car idle while parked with the heater on and windows open. (Sounds crazy but it works!)
Last but certainly not least, there are specialized chemicals that can be sprayed into the far crevices of your dashboard to kill the biological odors. These products will rid the evaporator of nature’s science experiment and prevent the smell from coming back anytime soon.
Sturken Automotive has the tools and the know how to eliminate those bad smells from your dashboard give us a call now. There is no need to put up with bad science anymore